Saturday, February 18, 2012

2012.02.01 - mulberry

Sorry I've been away for a while! Just the usual: homework, school, tests, family and friend stuff, and I got sick for a week. 

This outfit is from a couple weeks ago. I haven't even been taking pictures of my outfits for a while because I've been out for 12 hours at a time on most days. When I get home I'm just too tired (and lazy) to spend time taking pictures. I also look pretty ruffled by the time I'm finally home, so it's hardly even worth it to take pictures. 

This day was fairly casual, but I spruced it up a bit with my watches. 

oversized cream cardigan with lace and ribons outfit

outfit maroon shirt black shorts

outfit maroon shirt black shorts on tiptoes

cardigan lace ribbons flowers pearls lilac purple nail polish two watches

cardigan lace ribbons flowers pearls

two watches rose gold silver outfit

two watches on wrist rose gold style silver vintage cute






























cream cardigan - thrifted
mulberry shirt - ModBod Clothing
black shorts - Levi's (vintage from my closet)
tights - Forever21
black oxfords (not pictured) - Ross
silver Geneva watch - thrifted
rose gold watch (Style&co.) - Macy's
lilac nail polish - Urban Outfitters in Crowded


I wore all solid colors this day, but my cardigan was the focal point because of the pretty ribbon and pearl details on it. Under my cardigan, I wore a basic shirt with elbow-length sleeves. The neckline is supposed to be a rounded V, but it's basically just a high scoop. It's a pretty maroon, mulberry-ish color and surprisingly warm. Next, I wore my black high-waisted Levi's over a plain pair of sheer, black tights. I wanted my outfit to be relatively plain so the details on the cardigan would stand out even though they are all the same creamy color. Also, I wore my black oxfords, but had taken them off at this point. (:


In the second-to-last picture, you might be able to see that my shorts have a bunch of white fluff on them; this cardigan tends to shed. I rolled up the sleeves so I could wear my watches. I also just liked the look of my cardigan better with the sleeves rolled up because they were a bit big. I find that I can buy large and extra-large shirts and cardigans and they will look like they are meant to be over-sized if the sleeves fit. Even though the sleeves on this cardigan showed that I purchased it in a larger size, I made an exception because the ribbons and pearls on it were so pretty. It was in great condition and I couldn't pass it up since it was under $5. It wasn't even missing any pearl beads or buttons!


As for why I'm wearing two watches...I had seen this look a few times before, including from SecretLifeofaBionerd. Look her up on youtube or ThreadBanger if you haven't seen her before! I've seen this come up a couple times, but I don't think it's really an established trend yet. The first time I saw the idea of wearing two watches at once was in the third outfit in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_575643&feature=iv&src_vid=T5M5qx8jHmk&v=rd-ThSINsVk

I'm on mid-winter break this week (thank God), so I'll be trying to make up for my absence. It feels good to be back on my blog! Thanks for checking it out, and come back for new posts soon.
AprilLily

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...