Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cherry Blossom Nail Art

You get another nail art design today because I went uber slobby today. I volunteer at a ferret rescue shelter and had to go in this morning, which means I wasn't wearing the most postable outfit.


This lighting made for the most accurate representation of the colors.
 This nail design is from back in September, but I have a bunch of old designs, which I can add to fill up days when I don't have an interesting outfit or other topic to share. Up til now my nail pictures have been taken with my phone, explaining the strange lighting and blurriness. This design was some simple cherry blossoms made with white and brown acrylic paints. The base color and details in the center of the flowers are Bikini Babe by Icing. The whole thing was done with a child's paint brush I found laying around the house. It wasn't quite as precise as I wanted and the bristles fanned out too much so I cut off around 2/3 of them off.

My outfit posts will primarily be during the week after I come home from school. Weekends may be random fashion advice or nail art. I usually paint my nails on Sunday nights before I sleep, so I will probably post those photos on Mondays.

More interesting posts will come with my posting experience!
April Lily

1 comment :

  1. Wow, you did that with a child's paint brush? Impressive ahah. Its cool how such a simple design looks so beautiful. The design is really clear too, before i even read the title, i clearly saw that it was cherry blossoms on your nails. Nicely done! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...