Saturday, January 28, 2012

2012.01.25 - casual stripes

This was one of the laziest weeks I have had in a while. Missing a week of school led to a bunch of work to make up, which led to extremely late nights and tiredness. I like to wear shorts and tights on days that I don't want to spend much time getting ready in the morning because I can basically throw on any pair of tights, shirt, and outerwear. On the days that I wear dresses, I have to find something to wear over them that will work with whatever length the dress is. I usually want my coat or cardigan to be close a couple inches longer or shorter than my dress. With shorts and tights, I can wear the shorter jackets in my closet that don't get much use.

This blue-ish cardigan has one button, which I left undone, and a tie around the waist that I tied in the back. I will try to remember to snap a picture of that the next time I wear it. It was a few inches longer when I first purchased it, but shrank after being washed. It is now just short enough for me to want to wear it with shorts because my shorts will peak out the bottom. With my longer outerwear, I can sometimes get and awkward effect where my jacket will be just long enough to cover my shorts. This usually means it looks like I'm not wearing pants from the back... Looking like I'm wearing a jacket that goes just to the bottom of my butt with a pair of sheer tights is not good.

My striped shirt is a nice basic and I found it a while ago in a drawer full of clothing that, for some reason, had never been worn. It has three small, white buttons on one of the shoulders, which I should also get a picture of next time. These shorts are some Levi's that I also found at the bottom of a drawer that I never use. They were the strange early-90's length, but I just had to roll them up to have a more modern pair of high-waisted shorts. They are quite big for me around the waist, so I did not tuck in my shirt, which I normally would have done. These tights have small vertical stripes on them, which you might be able to see in the picture above. Lastly, I wore these two-tone oxfords.


This necklace pendant came from a necklace that I found at my thrift store. I wear the chain that it came on separately. I wore this larger pendant with this outfit to break up the simplicity. These shoes are mostly dark brown faux leather with accents of cream. The cream areas are a slightly fuzzy material, but thankfully they have not been getting dirty, which I expected them to. I like that these oxfords have thicker, ribbon-like laces, which sets them apart from the other pairs I have. I do, however, generally prefer the tradition, round laces.

blue cardigan - Aslan's Thrift
red&white striped shirt - found at home
necklace - Helping Hands Thrift Store
Levi's - found at home
black thin stripe tights - mom's closet
two-tone oxfords - Nordstrom Rack

I still have a lot of homework to catch up on this weekend and am trying to sneak in a few blog posts in my free time. I will probably get another post up tonight. It will either be the last outfit from this week or I will think of a different idea.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and thanks for checking out my outfit!
AprilLily

2 comments :

  1. I love the way you write, I really do. And those shoes are so chic, I love your accessories.

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...