Wednesday, January 18, 2012

OOTD 2012.01.09



So I realize I haven't posted in a while and this outfit is a bit overdue. I was having a crazy week with a ton of homework and hopefully that gives me a reasonable excuse for the plainness of my outfits. The weather here has been crazy this week with over a foot of snow, which is almost unheard of in the lowlands in Washington. We usually only get a few inches for a couple days every winter. However, the day that I wore this outfit, we had not yet gotten any snow and it was a relatively warm day. 


I started my outfit with this striped bodycon dress simply because I had not worn it in a while. I layered a kimono-like, chiffon cardigan on top of that and topped it off with my dark grey, plaid boyfriend blazer. Also, excuse the awkward lighting in this picture :)


Here's a quick look at the different layers. I wore knit, navy tights for warmth and black oxfords. My cardigan-like top is a silky chiffon and is covered in a swirly, paisley pattern featuring varying shades of blue and green. It is trimmed all around with white lace and has a drawstring tie around the waist, which I chose to leave undone. I purchased this in a large size, so it is not meant to be worn as slouchy as it is shown here. I most use this top as a layering piece, so I wanted it to be a bit long in order for it to peak out from underneath whatever i wear over the top of it. 
http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/caramelchucky/Triplebowback4.jpg
The dress I wore has this triple bow detailing on the back, except the stripes on mine are vertical on the bows. Also, my tights have a subtle stripe made by different textures in the knit which are not quite visible in the whole outfit pictures. 

So the past two weeks have basically been completely hectic with all the school work, which made me extra thankful that it finally decided to snow here giving us snow days! Unfortunately, I had lost my camera for the better part of a week, which prevented me from uploading these outfit pictures for far too long or taking new pictures. Also, after staying up until 3am almost everyday to finish homework, I wasn't exactly jumping out of bed in the morning to pick out a nice outfit and put on makeup, which explains why all these pictures are sans mascara. D: 

Hope you enjoyed this post and check back for something new soon! I probably won't have any post-worthy outfits until the snow starts melting and school starts again, which is predicted to be Friday or maybe even tomorrow if it rains tonight (hopefully not). 

As always, thanks for reading!
AprilLily

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...