Saturday, January 7, 2012

OOTD 01.06.2012

Here's the outfit that I wore to school yesterday. I ended up falling asleep for 14 hours after getting off my computer...so that would explain why I am posting it today instead of yesterday.


I'm a pretty big wimp when it comes to cold weather, so I like to layer up. But, I don't want to look super bulky, so I try to wear clothing that is warm without being too thick. I wore black sweater leggings over a pair of thick, knit tights on bottom. The velvet dress I wore was featured in my recent haul. I only had to wear a camisole underneath to prevent the cold underside of the velvet from being directly on my skin. It is a very warm material and I only had to layer a long, knit cardigan over the top. Even though my waist wasn't really visible under my large cardigan, I still decided to belt the dress.


On my feet, I wore some lace-up, ankle boots that I just got at Nordstrom Rack. I love the crochet panels, but I didn't want my feet to the wind through them and my wide-knit tights so I also wore maroon knee high socks, which I scrunched down around the tops of my shoes.


Lastly, I wore this little pendant, which is a basket of flowers. It's actually a small pin, but I always find brooches and other small trinkets and re-purpose them as necklaces.

I hope the new year is going well for all of you and you haven't given up on your resolutions yet! I'm glad to be back on my blog and will post again soon, so check back! I will be trying to post during any free time I find between college apps, school work, and random stuff at home.

Thanks for reading!
AprilLily

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...