Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012.01.31 - creme

This might be the first time that I actually post an outfit on the day that I wore it. I woke up late and decided to just throw together an outfit using some items of clothing that I wouldn't usually reach for. 

cream sweater dress outfit

cream sweater dress outfit grey tights crochet
I look a bit startled in this photo! o.o

cream sweater dress outfit grey tights crochet purple necklace pendant

skirt purple blue white lace floral cream plaid

crochet lace up ankle boots cream leather thick grey knit tights

cream sweater open knit purple necklace chain pendant

cream sweater open knit purple necklace chain pendant lilac periwinkle nail polish

girl brunette nail polish cream sweater

cream sweater - mom's
grey long sleeve shirt (mostly not visible) - Nordstrom Rack
tube dress worn as skirt - Wet Seal
thick grey tights - H&M
purple necklace - Nordstrom
crochet ankle boots - Nordstrom Rack
nail polish - Crowded by Urban Outfitters

I've had this sweater for as long as I can remember, but I always only wear it at home. For some reason, I have quite a few sweaters that I never wear out of the house. I love the look of sweaters and slouchy tops on others, but I can never seem to find outfits that I don't think look strange on me. The crew neck cut of this sweater makes me wish I had a bold, collar necklace to wear with it. If I had had more time to get dressed this morning, I would have tried on different button-downs underneath it to see which collars would look good peaking out. The preppy look of a button-down under a sweater is currently one of my favorite trends, which I will hopefully be trying out for myself more as the weather warms up a bit. For speediness, I simply put a plain, grey long-sleeve shirt under my sweater and called it good.

The skirt here is actually a tube dress that I used to wear somewhat often. It has a very summery feel, but I thought I could get away with it considering the warming weather is starting to bring the feeling of spring. The top of this dress is smocking and tends to fall down throughout the day. I knew that I wouldn't be able to make sure it stayed up very easily through my shirt and sweater, so I belted it around the waist to hold it up.

Because the rest of my outfit consisted of light, pastel colors, I wanted to ground my outfit with darker-colored tights. I didn't feel that black would match very well, so I went for a softer grey. Also, to break up the large expanse of beige that is my sweater, I wore a long, purple necklace with a large pendant. At the beginning of the day, there was a smaller, purple and turquoise pendant hanging inside the larger pendant. It must have fallen off sometime during school without me noticing, which is a bummer. I have a matching charm bracelet though, and it has two charms that are the same smaller pendant that fell off. If the empty space in the middle of my necklace pendant bothers me enough, I'll replace the center with one of the charms from that bracelet.

I've been experiencing a few very hectic and stressful weeks, but somehow painting my nails made me feel reasonably better. I hadn't painted them in far too long. Even though I only did a solid color, the feeling of having them painted inexplicably makes me feel much happier. This polish is a wonderful consistency and only requires one coat of medium thickness to completely cover my nails. It is extremely opaque and dries to a nice, smooth finish. Its staying power isn't great, but I usually paint my nails every weekend, and it lasts long enough that I don't have to worry about it having noticeable chips before the end of the week.

Well, today was the first day in I don't even know how long, that I haven't taken a nap. I was probably running primarily on adrenaline due to my recent lack of sleep, but hopefully this helps me get my sleeping schedule back to normal. I'll end my post here to sleep and relieve all of you from my endless rambling about clothes.

Thanks for checking in and follow to see upcoming outfit and nail art posts!
AprilLily

Also, if you're looking for more photo inspiration, check out my tumblr.
http://aprillily.tumblr.com/

1 comment :

  1. Great outfit today! I think the necklace really adds something to it. Hahah i love your dress, best one in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...