Thursday, January 26, 2012

OOTD 2012.01.23

I was far too busy this week to post my outfits the days that I wore them, but I will be catching up over this weekend. Today was supposed to be the end of semester, but due to the snow, there was no school all of last week and the end of semester was pushed back a week. Fortunately, our non-student day was not taken away, so we still get a long weekend, starting tomorrow. The reason I have not posted in so long is not only because I did not have outfits to post last week, but also because my power was out from last Wednesday until Sunday night. Anyway, I am back and here is my outfit from Monday!


After having over a week of wonderful sleep-filled relaxation and no school, I was not very excited to have to wake up and get dressed before 6:00 AM. I was drawn to my velvet button-down because of its comfort and warmth. There were still several inches of snow on the ground, but it was over 40 degrees, so a thick jacket wasn't necessary. I purchased this shirt at my local thrift store for about $3-4. It still had its original tags on it and was priced at $68! It is an XL, but I could still not pass it up and I wear it over-sized with the sleeves rolled up. I instantly loved the color of this shirt and the fact that the collar and sleeve cuffs are lined with silk.

Zina (one of my doggies) snuck into my picture.
Here is a look at my outfit without the button-down. The sunlight and glare from the snow washed out my full body photos, so the picture on the right is more true to real life in terms of color. This mint green tank top is also over-sized. It has pleats, lace, ruffles, and three buttons on the front, which produce a tuxedo-shirt-like design. I purchased it in a L or XL so that it would be extra long. I wanted it to be at least to the bottom of my bottom so it could be worn as a tunic. I use this trick of wearing longer tops over dresses all the time. It instantly adds the couple extra inches I need on my hemline and another layer for warmth in the winter. I simply wore a black sheath dress under the top because of its streamlined shape. I found this dress at Wet Seal for $2.50. I finished off my outfit with purple-ish tights and plain black oxfords ($12).

I hope you got a bit of outfit inspiration from this post. On my laziest days I usually pull out a few outfit techniques such as wearing comfy outerwear and this 'tunic over dress' tip.

Thanks for reading and hope you check back for more later!
AprilLily

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...