Wednesday, March 7, 2012

2012.03.05 - embroidery

This is my outfit from yesterday. It wasn't super appropriate for the weather considering that it snowed, however. 

outfit navy dress embroider grey sweater black tights

outfit navy dress embroider black tights

navy dress embroidered white v-neck

white leather belt navy dress embroidered


embroidered dress - thrift
grey sweater - thrift
white v-neck - Hollister
white leather belt - mom's closet
black tights - Walmart
black oxfords (not pictured) - Ross

I found this dress at my local thrift store. One of the store employees was stocking the new arrivals rack and this dress was one of the pieces that was brought out. I picked it up immediately because I was drawn to the  embroidery down the front of it. It was clearly too large for me, but I decided to get it anyway and try to come up with a way to wear it. I belted it with a white leather belt and pulled it up to make it shorter and change the shape. It is sort of a chambray material and the embroidery around the bottom hem goes all the way around. I threw this grey sweater, which is quite a bit warmer than it looks, on top of it. It actually has a single button, but I wore it open. The button is on the inside, so when it is closed, the button is not visible.

I also wore my black oxfords this day. I tend to throw on a pair of plain oxfords when I'm lazy, which is almost always. I wore my black ones on this day because my outfit didn't have any brown-toned items. Under my dress, I wore a white v-neck to add another layer for warmth. It also helped act as a camisole, which was good because I didn't realize the neckline of my dress was as low as it was.

I hope you enjoyed this quick, outfit post. I will be back tomorrow with the outfit I wore today. Remember to check back and follow to see more!
AprilLily

2 comments :

  1. The details of your dress are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater looks so cozy and comfortable. I love the sleeves haha. Also, the white belt, its interesting, i dont usually see, if i may say, a manly looking belt, on a woman, but it works here. It works.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...