Saturday, March 24, 2012

2012.03.12 - ruffles

I've been gone for quite a while, but I'm finally back! I'll probably have some spotty posting habits until June because of school finals and IB exams. ): I'm trying to keep updating my blog occasionally though so I don't drop it completely. It's always so hard to start blogging again after a break from it. 

outfit ruffle dress cream pearl buttons leather straps blue velvet button down navy tights

outfit ruffle dress cream pearl buttons leather straps navy tights

ruffle dress cream pearl buttons leather straps

ruffle dress cream pearl buttons leather straps galaxy print nail art design silver ring

ruffle dress cream pearl buttons pink green skirt

ruffle dress - AlleyKat
blue velvet button-down - thrifted originally from The Limited
navy tights - mom
pink camisole - Costco
ring - mom

This outfit was from back when it was a bit colder and I started it out with the shirt because of its warmth. 

This dress is one of those pieces that I reach for when I have no idea what to wear. It seems to match pretty well with many cardigans and jackets that I have, which makes it easy to style. It has interesting details other than the voluminous ruffles such as the pearl buttons and leather straps. I wore this out shopping once and a female cashier told me that she had purchased the same dress in a little boutique in California. I've always wanted to find unique articles of clothing in those boutiques and I thought it was pretty cool that my dress was sold in shops like that even though I didn't purchase it there. 

I just wanted to put up a quick outfit post to make some progress on old outfits I have pictures of. I haven't really taken pictures of outfits recently because I don't want too many to pile up. I also got a new camera and am trying to figure out how best to take pictures of my outfits. Now that it is finally starting to warm up (a tiny bit) here in Washington, I will probably be taking more pictures outside! I can't wait for better quality photos and lighting. 

I hope you all are enjoying the beginning of Spring and better weather! I will post again soon, so check back for new stuff.
AprilLily

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...