Friday, March 9, 2012

2012.03.06 - over-sized

I borrowed a school camera to take some pictures for yearbook stuff, but snapped some pictures of my outfit with it as well. For some reason, they came out slanted when I set the camera down on a rail, so that's why the full body pictures are off. 

outfit blue sweater bodycon dress zig zag cream boots black tights ribbed bishon frise

outfit blue sweater bodycon dress zig zag ankle boots black ribbed tights bishon frise

burnished silver octopus ring white gold hand

blue sweater turquoise necklace pendant burnished silver large cute

cream beige ankle boots lace up crochet cut out sheer black ribbed tights bishon frise

blue sweater - Macy's
black&grey zig zag dress - Nordstrom Rack
black ribbed tights - mom's closet
turquoise necklace - thrift
cream crochet booties - Nordstrom Rack
white gold ring - mom (bought in China)
burnished octopus ring - Icing

nail polishes:
Revlon - Blue Lagoon
OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark Matte

It had snowed the day before, so I wanted to wear something really warm. I don't particularly like the look of thick coats or unflattering layers, so I opted for an over-sized sweater instead. The good thing about these sweaters is that you can pile on thinner layers underneath, and they won't show. Sweaters tend to drape more nicely on bare skin, but they still look fine on top of other fabrics. I try to wear layers under my sweaters that aren't very clingy so the sweater will still have the same drape.

Under this blue sweater, I wore a body-con dress with half-length sleeves. I also wore a camisole under the dress to add more warmth. This sweater has varying shades of blue mottled within it and slight dolman sleeves. I realized when I got home that this outfit actually matched quite well with my nails. The different shades of blue and the zig-zag pattern of both fit together.

Even though it felt like the middle of winter, I wanted to bring more of a springy feel to my outfit because it's already March! I did this by wearing my new turquoise pendant and cream, crochet ankle boots. Turquoise is synonymous to summer when it comes to jewelry. The shoes gave more of an airy feel to this outfit because of the crochet and light color.

The burnished silver in the pendant inspired me to break out my octopus ring again. I hadn't worn it in quite a while and it hadn't crossed my mind to wear it. It makes just enough of a statement for me. I also wore a simple white gold band that I wear everyday.

Oh, and that's my puppy, Josh, running through the background in my pictures! He's part bishon frise.

I hope you enjoyed this quick outfit and check in soon for more! Thanks for reading and follow if you want to see more.
AprilLily

1 comment :

  1. Your nail polish is sick! I love it! And your octopus ring is so unique.

    www.jemappellemoi.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...