Sunday, March 11, 2012

2012.03.09 - spring

I think I'm trying to bring a more summery feel to my life with the clothes I wear. The weather has been awfully cold for March; we've had random snow storms, but of course not enough for school to be cancelled...

outfit red coral top floral skirt dot tights brown oxfords white gold chain cardigan

outfit red coral top floral skirt dot tights brown oxfords

red coral sweater top gold fish necklace

white cardi w/ gold chain - thrift
reddish coral top - Costco
floral skirt - diy by me
dot tights - Nordstrom Rack
brown oxfords - Steve Madden from Marshall's
fish necklace - thrift

I didn't feel like wearing a dress again, so I pulled out another skirt. I made this one by revamping an old skirt that I had when I was little. Basically, I just used the fabric to make a new skirt. My sewing machine was broken, so I had to hand-sew all the hems and the elastic in at the top. I was too excited to wait for my sewing machine to get fixed, but I'm glad I just went ahead and finished it up by hand. I'm really happy with the way it turned out; I love how flowy it is.

I wanted to emphasize one of the colors in the skirt and I chose the brighter, reddish flowers. My mom got me this thin sweater around Christmastime and the color was a really close match. I love this cheery tone; it's somewhere between red and coral in my mind.

I wanted to keep this outfit a bit more casual, so I opted for a cardigan over a blazer or jacket. This is one of the only ones I have that is long enough for me to like the way it looks paired with dresses or skirts. I stuck to gold jewelry to match the chain. This necklace had been sitting on my dresser unnoticed for a while, so I wore it even though the cool, pink tones might clash with the warmer color of my shirt.

To ground my outfit, I went for darker colors on bottom. It was pretty warm in the morning, so I thought it would be okay to wear these tights. They're thinner than a lot of the other ones I have, which was probably a mistake because this Friday was one of those days that gets colder and colder throughout the day. Then I just put on my trusty, brown oxfords and was out the door!

I'll be back soon with a little nail tutorial. It's pretty simple, so I'll just post a couple pictures of the process and results. Check back soon for that and more outfits! Thanks for reading.
AprilLily

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...