Saturday, March 3, 2012

Nail Art - simple, graphic zig-zag

After having some pink Sharpie flowers drawn on my nails from being bored in class yesterday, I decided to do my nail a bit more nicely with polish.

nail art design bold zig zag light blue matte dark purple

nail polish bottles art lincoln park after dark blue lagoon pale blue purple matte

lincoln park after dark nail polish bottle label



 I wanted to try out the pale blue polish, Blue Lagoon, that I recently purchased. I didn't feel like having a solid manicure; I had just had one of the dark green (Jaded Night). I decided to do a simple, bold design with a matte, dark purple. OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark is a beautiful eggplant color in the bottle, but looks almost black on the nails. It does, however, have a wonderful matte finish. 

I used tape to get the zig-zags. I painted my nails with Blue Lagoon first; it took one thin coat of white and two coats of Blue Lagoon to get the bottle color. I then place a strip of tape, which I had cut with zig-zag craft scissors, down the center of each nail. Last, I painted the sides with Lincoln Park After Dark. After it was completely dry, I peeled off the tape. I find that the tape method leaves cleaner edges if the tape is removed quickly as opposed to slow, careful removal. 

Hope you liked this simple nail design! Leave comments if you have any requests for nail art and I'll try them out.
AprilLily

1 comment :

  1. Very interesting design, I also want to try your nail art design.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...