Saturday, March 10, 2012

2012.03.08 - pleats

I hadn't felt very inspired by my dresses recently, so I've gravitated toward the skirt section of my closet. This silver, pleated skirt was in the back and had basically been forgotten since last year. I've only worn it once before, so I pulled it out again.

outfit black boyfriend blazer grey rose shirt silver pleated skirt lace tights brown oxfords

outfit grey rose shirt silver pleated skirt lace tights brown oxfords

outfit grey rose shirt silver pleated skirt lace tights brown oxfords spinning girl
obligatory twirling photo
black boyfriend blazer - H&M
grey rose shirt - Forever21 (sister's)
silver pleated skirt - given to me by my mom
taupe lace tights - Ross
two-tone oxfords - Nordstrom Rack

This outfit was pretty basic and I didn't accessorize because I ran out of time. I only wore the diamond studs that I wear everyday.

I started out knowing that I wanted to wear this skirt, but I couldn't figure out what to wear on top, so I borrowed my sister's shirt. I found the colors in this outfit to be a bit matchy-matchy, but I was fine with that for one day. I try not to match so much on a regular basis though. It felt a little too cool-toned with all the black, grey and silver, so I wore more warm-toned browns on the bottom. These tights are an interesting mushroom-y color and I honestly just threw these oxfords on as I ran out the door.

It took me quite a while to figure out how to wear this skirt because of its length. It's around knee-length, and really doesn't look flattering on my. I thought it made me look much shorter. I wanted to pull it up closer to mid-thigh, but it was difficult to hold in that position. I ended up belting it tightly around my waist under the shirt. The silky material of the skirt made it want to slip out from under the belt.

Also, this shirt is actually a tunic, I believe. It covers my hips if I pull it down all the way. I just folded the bottom hem under several inches to show more of the skirt. I like the fit of this top, but the length and cap-sleeves aren't my favorite. I'm impartial to the cut-out in the back because I think the shape is a bit strange. This definitely looks like something my sister would like, though. We have super different styles...

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little outfit post. I took pictures of the outfit I wore the day before this, but I seem to have misplaced them. It's alright though, because it definitely wasn't one of my favorites. I'll be back soon with more outfits, so check back!
AprilLily

1 comment :

  1. The combination you made here, it's so chic. And I know what you mean when you don't know how to combine some items, it's really hard to be us.

    P.S. Thank you so much for your message from my "11 things" posts, you really made my day and I needed this so so bad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...